Gidget I Table
The Sew Much More Craft & Hobby Table, also known as “Gidget” to her friends, offers free arm and flatbed sewing with an adjustable platform. Gidget I has an opening size of 17-1/2 wide” x 7-3/8″ deep (front to back).
The steel locking legs offer a sturdy base, but fold up neatly for easy storage.
The tough melamine surface is mar-resistant, allowing for years of use. It’s great for sewing, and makes a handy crafting table too!
The Gidget I comes in the Clean White finish.
Prices are subject to change and may vary among dealers in different markets.
An optional machine specific custom insert for Gidget I can be ordered for many sewing machine models on our Custom Machine Insert page.
Will this cabinet fit my machine?
Click the Cabinet Specs/Incompatible Machines Tab for detailed Gidget I dimensions, including machine opening size and a list of known Incompatible Machines.
Watch our “Sturdy Gidget” video on the Product Videos Tab for set up information and to compare Gidget I with Gidget II.
Questions on the difference between the Gidget I and Gidget II tables:
- Gidget I has a smaller opening size (17 1/2″ x 7 3/8″) compared to the large opening on Gidget II (23 1/2″ x 12″).
- Gidget II features 2 wheels for easier portability when folded flat. Gidget I does not have wheels.
- Gidget I is made of particle board with steel locking legs. Gidget II is made with denser MDF (medium density fiberboard) and steel locking legs.
- Gidget II will require a custom made insert for her opening. Gidget I has a smaller opening, so there may not be a need for an insert if your machine is deep enough to fill most gaps.
Visit our FAQs page for answers to typical customer questions, as well as information on our Product Warranty.
The Assembly Manual/Videos Tab has 2 helpful PDFs and a video explaining how to use Gidget I.
Table Specs / Incompatible Machines
Gidget I Table Specifications
- Dimensions Open: 40″ wide x 19-3/4″ deep x 28-1/4″ tall
- Dimensions with Legs Folded: 40″ wide x 19-3/4″ deep X 4-1/2″ tall
- The Gidget I Table will accommodate sewing machines no larger than:
- 17-1/2” wide
- 7 3/8” deep (front to back).
- If your machine is equal to or less than those measurements, it will fit the opening.
- The platform is adjustable for different heights of machines.
- Construction: Melamine/MDF with Steel Legs
- Manual Platform Weight Limit: 25 #s
Machines that don’t fit or are not recommended for Gidget I*
Is a custom made, machine specific insert available?
- If there is at least 1-1/2” between your machine bed and the edge of the opening in the Gidget on the front, left, and back sides, it is possible for a C-shaped custom insert to be made.
- If there is at least a 1-1/2” gap on two sides, a J or L shaped filler may be available*.
*Please check the Make and Model of your sewing machine and call us at 800-533-7347 or email
CS@arrowcabinets.com with that information so we can find out if an insert is available or can be
What type of custom insert is available for a Gidget?
The opening in most of our Gidget tables does not have a bevel or ledge cut into the opening so the custom insert will have a lip on the front, left, and back so the insert will sit on top of the tabletop not inside the opening. The height difference between the table surface and surface of the insert will be approximately 1/8”.
Must I have a custom insert to sew in the Gidget table?
No. It is not necessary to order a custom insert for the Gidget table. You can move your machine so the left
and front edges fit the left front corner and your fabric will be supported for sewing.
Gidget I arrives Fully Assembled in 1 box weighing 35 #’s, by FedEx or UPS.
Sorry these cannot be shipped to PO Boxes.
Note: If you order the Machine Specific Custom Insert, it will arrive after you receive your cabinet because it can take up to 3 weeks to manufacture.
Assembly Manuals / Videos
The Gidget I ships in 1 box and arrives fully assembled.
The Assembly Manuals and Assembly Videos sections below provide some important tips on using the Gidget I table. Our assembly experts are just a toll-free phone call away if you need help.
2 helpful PDF files are available via the links below.
Click the link to open the PDF file in a new window.
Right click the link and select “Save Link As” (or “Save Target As”) to immediately save this PDF manual to your computer.