Our Emu sewing cabinet is a perfect center island in your craft room. The Emu stands 36” tall and offers a spacious 24” wide x 12-3/4” deep opening with a three position airlift mechanism that moves your sewing machine or serger up and down into position with a push down.
The airlift will support a 55# sewing machine. The sewing machine platform is height adjustable allowing you to adjust the height based on your sewing machine’s measurements.
Place the wood cover (included) on top of the sewing machine well and use the top surface with a rotary mat as a cutting surface. The two side leaves provide ample space allowing you to spread out your project.
Prices are subject to change and may vary among retailers in different markets.
Rotate the cabinet 180-degrees and the Emu features 5 drawers and 4 shelves offering plenty of storage for all your sewing notions. When your projects are complete, close the doors, drop the leaves and place the cover over the sewing well and your cabinet will hide and tuck away your projects neatly and securely.
The sewing machine platform is height adjustable allowing you to adjust the height based on your sewing machine’s measurements.
The Emu rests on casters allowing you to move it from the center of your room to any wall. Once in place the casters lock down in place.
Visit our FAQs page for answers to typical customer questions, as well as information on our Product Warranty.
Will this cabinet fit my machine?
Click the Cabinet Specs/Incompatible Machines Tab for detailed cabinet dimensions, including machine opening size and a list of known Incompatible Machines.
Assembly is a snap!
The cabinet ships in 5 boxes and is assembled using a hammer/mallet, a screwdriver, and an adjustable wrench. The Assembly Manual/Videos Tab has a downloadable Emu Cabinet Assembly Manual PDF file as well as helpful videos on adjusting the airlift. Our assembly experts are just a toll-free phone call away if you need help.
Cabinet Specs / Incompatible Machines
- Dimensions Closed: 36-1/2” wide x 31” deep (front to back) x 36” tall
- Dimensions Open: 71” wide x 31” deep (front to back) x 36” tall
- Small drawer (4 total): 11-3/4” wide x 7-7/16” deep x 3” tall
- Larger drawer (1 total): 11-3/4” wide x 7-7/16” deep x 8-3/16” tall
- Adjustable Shelf Storage Side: 17” wide x 10-1/2” deep
- Adjustable Shelf Lift Side (2 Total): 4” wide x 9-5/8” deep
- Emu has a 24″ wide x 12″ deep (front to back) opening for your sewing machine.
- Emu fits sewing machines no larger than:
- 23-1/2″ wide (left to right)
- 12-1/4″ deep (front to back)*
- 14″ tall*
*Please be sure your machine is smaller than these dimensions – measure your machine and include knobs, plugs, etc. that extend beyond the body of machine.
- Construction: Melamine/MDF/Composite
- Airlift Platform Weight Limit: 55 #s
- Custom Machine Insert Available
Sewing Machines That Do Not Fit Emu
Sewing Machines that are too large and do not fit this cabinet:
- Dream V8500D.
Sewing Machines that will fit, but have special requirements:
Janome 15,000 and Elna 920 eXpressive
- These machines will fit the platform of the cabinet in flatbed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine.
- Also the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how machine sits on the platform in flatbed position.
These machines are ones that have known fit issues. Please be advised that this list will change as new models are introduced. It is extremely important to measure your machine prior to ordering to make sure it will fit.
The cabinet ships in 5 boxes, weighing 226 #s, by FedEx or UPS.
Sorry these cannot be shipped to PO Boxes.
Assembly Manual / Videos
The cabinet ships in 5 boxes and is assembled using a standard screwdriver, adjustable wrench and hammer/mallet. Assembly instructions are included, but you can download the Assembly Manual PDF file below.
Scroll to the Assembly Videos section below to view the helpful videos on how adjust the airlift mechanism. Our assembly experts are just a toll-free phone call away if you need help.
The Assembly Manual PDF file is available via the link below.
Click the link to open the PDF file in a new window.
Right click the link and select “Save Link As” (or “Save Target As”) to immediately save this PDF manual to your computer.
Adjusting the Airlift: